In 1428 AH master's program in Law offered by the Law Department under the Department of Judiciary and Sharia Politics at the College of Sharia, then on 11/14/1430 AH itwas developed into the Law Department independent of the departments of judiciary and Sharia politics in the College of Sharia by approval of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, Prime Minister and Chairman of the Higher Education Council, on the fifty-sixth session of the Council of Higher Education dated 10/22/1430 AH. Based on that, the Law Department and Judiciary Department and Sharia Politics became independent in the College of Law and Judicial Studies and include the Departments of Law and Judicial Studies.
Judicial Studies Department
The Department of Judiciary and Sharia Politics at the College of Sharia was established in 1402/1403 AH by the University Council’s decision No. (105/100/1401) and His Excellency the Minister of Higher Education’s directive No. (1/4/1552) on 16/11/1401 AH, which included the Ministry’s specialities specializations needed in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and resolution No. (1401/41/1402) to establish a department for Islamic judiciary and Sharia politics, which later was transferred into the Judicial Studies Department in 1439 AH at the College of Law and Judicial Studies after its separation from the College of Sharia.