Bachelor of Computer Science
Prepare distinguished graduates in the field of computer science with a strong scientific background, high ability to compete, and personal skills within the framework of Islamic values and principles to obtain a career in the private and public sectors for the advancement and welfare of their local and international communities. In addition, this program helps students become professional and prepared for graduate studies.
Graduates are expected to build the following skills:
• Professional competence: Provide effective computing solutions to the problems of the local and global community by utilizing computer science principles, theories, and tools that they have mastered.
• Continuous learning: Improve their practical knowledge and skills through a process of continuous self-learning.
• Research: Enroll in graduate programs in the field of computer science locally or abroad.
● Teamwork and Ethics: Contribute significantly to the development of society, committed to Islamic values and morals.
• Management and Communication Skills: Demonstrate effective management and communication skills, and being able to present knowledge efficiently both verbally and in writing.
Graduates are expected to:
• Apply relevant computing and mathematical knowledge appropriate to the field.
• Be able to analyze problems, and identify and define computing requirements appropriate to the solution.
• Be able to design, implement, and evaluate computer-based systems, processes, components, or programs to meet desired needs
• Be able to work effectively in teams to achieve common goal.
• Understand ethical, professional, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
• Be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences.
• Be able to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
• Recognize the need for and ability to participate in continuous professional development.
• Use current technologies, skills, and tools to practice computing.
• Apply mathematical foundations, principles of algorithms, and computational theory to the modelling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates an understanding of how to make design choices.
• Be able to design and apply development principles in building software systems of varying complexity.
Bachelor of Information Technology
Graduate qualified IT professionals in the areas of networks, information security and web technologies. Graduates of this program have the ability to create technical solutions taking into account Islamic values and ethics for the development of the local and global community. Graduates have the capabilities to develop their skills to pursue professional continuing education and postgraduate studies.
Teach students the principles and practices of information systems, with an emphasis on the development and management of e-business applications. The Information Systems program also prepares students to create start-ups and pursue postgraduate studies in contemporary areas related to information technology such as data mining, big data, and business intelligence. The program provides an interactive learning environment and relies on a student-centered teaching approach, both in classrooms and laboratories. The Information Systems program instills Islamic and ethical values with a focus on self and community improvement.
MSc Data Science
The program aims to:
- Achieve self-sufficiency by providing specialists in the field of data science.
- Integrate with other disciplines that serve Saudi society.
- Enrich and consolidate current scientific concepts with studies and research that seek to advance theoretical and applied knowledge of research and its techniques.
- Achieve scientific cooperation between the Islamic University and other Saudi and international universities in the field of data science through joint research.
- Find new jobs related to this specialization.