The College of the Holy Qur’an and Islamic Studies was established by virtue of Royal Decree No. (26511), dated: 6/9/1394 AH, in the blessed month of Ramadan, based on the recommendation of the Supreme Advisory Council of the Islamic University, held from 4/12/1394 AH to 20/4/1394 AH.
It is the first college of its kind in the Islamic world, as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has never established such a college before, and this college is distinguished by the condition of memorizing the Holy Qur’an in full for those who want to join it.
The study began on Monday corresponding to 6/10/1394 AH, and the number of its students in the year of its inauguration reached (21) students, then the number of enrollments increased, and the total number of graduates since the graduation of the first batch until the year: 1435 AH / 1436 AH (1524), and they belong to 75 different countries.
1. Preparing academic competencies specialized in Qira’at, Tafsir, and the sciences of the Qur’an.
2. Providing an educational environment that is attractive and stimulating for development, creativity and innovation.
3. Developing the academic and professional skills of faculty members.
4. Providing local and global community partnerships.
5. Keeping abreast of academic and technical developments related to the Holy Quran and its sciences.
6. Achieving standards of quality and excellence in education, academic research and community service.